I’m a new blogger, and I’d never heard of the Liebster Award until martafrant nominated me for one. I kind of like this idea as a way to explore what’s out there and build a community. So, thank you for nominating me! I’ve had a great time researching blogs to nominate and exploring the other blogs nominated by martafrant, and I’m excited to share what I’ve found so that others can explore. So, on to my nominations!
- Mention, link and thank the blog who nominated you.
- Answer the nominator’s 11 questions.
- Nominate 11 bloggers with little followings (under 200) and link them below.
- Create 11 questions of your own for your nominated blogs to answer.
- Notify your nominees via social media.
Here are my answers to the martafrant’s questions:
1. Where would you want to spend your time between ages 60 and 80? Doing what?
Everywhere! I want to travel as much as possible. For a permanent home, though, we’ve been talking about retiring to Hungary.
2. If you had the necessity to be a school teacher for one day, which subject would you teach?
Research and critical thinking skills. I firmly believe that the most important part of education is learning how to learn, and I believe that the drive to discover is incredibly important to a person’s success, just as much as motivation and drive to create. While self-teaching can generally only take you so far, it’s important to be able to find the information you need on any subject and to be able to adjust your thought practices to figure out how to understand what you’re seeing and put that knowledge into practice.
3. You had a really hard day. What will you do to recover from it?
It depends. If the day has been physically exhausting, I’d prefer to read. If it’s been mentally exhausting, I’ll knit or crochet, since for the most part I can do that fairly mindlessly. The television will probably be on in the background while I do that. If I just need to be distracted, I’ll do both.
4. What is your best way to start a new day?
Later! My alarm currently goes off at 6am, and that is NOT my natural wake-up time by any stretch. I’d rather sleep until 8 or 9. When I do get up, I like to check the news and a few blogs to clear my head, then move into my day. I’ve tried working out in the mornings, but I’ve found that I simply can’t stick with a morning workout routine. Afternoons are easier.
5. Who would you want to be in your future life?
I have an amazing family that I wouldn’t trade for the world, and that includes people who aren’t related to me, because I am a strong believer that friends are the family we choose. I’m not sure who will be added to this list in the future, but I look forward to finding out!
6. If you could change you career path, what career would you choose?
I would love to go into linguistic research. Something that would allow me to travel and explore other cultures while learning more about the historical development of human communication would be truly ideal for me.
7. Imagine that there will be no Internet access available for the next 3 months. Did you imagine that? What was the first thing that came to your mind?
I’m surprised to find that my immediate reaction is a feeling of peace and quiet. My secondary reaction, though, was not as happy.
8. If you had to write a book about one of your faults, which fault would you choose?
Now, that’s a tough call. I think I’d go with my intense interest in just about everything, which leads me to become completely focused on a single thing – until the next interesting thing comes my way. At least, with that one, I’d never be short on materials and I’d get a few solid chapters done on one focus before jumping to the next one.
9. If you could star in the next movie premiere, what genre would you choose?
I would go with some kind of superhero action film, maybe the latest Marvel incarnation but not necessarily. It’s entirely opposite of what I do now, and NOT being terrified of falling or a total introvert would make an interesting change for me.
10. Imagine that all the photo devices will disappear tomorrow, and you can only take 3 photos, what would you photograph?
This one’s easier. My children! One of each child, then one of the family together. They are growing like crazy, and I want to record it. They could choose the circumstances of their photos based on their current interests.
11. Mountain, forest, sea or valley?
I had to think pretty hard about this one, but I think I choose forest. Any of these locations can be secluded and peaceful, and I have to admit to loving stunning views and the sound of water. But in the end, the forest is cool and shady, and the trees give a feeling of being protected and hidden away. I also find them more familiar, having grown up in a heavily wooded area with no mountains, seas, or valleys anywhere near me (though lakes and rivers are required, as far as I’m concerned), which makes a forest setting very comfortable and almost nostalgic.
I decided that since I haven’t gotten familiar with a large number of blogs yet, I would start looking into blogs that are related to my multitude of interests. It took a few days to find a lot of fun, interesting, and informative blogs, but I have to choose only eleven. With that in mind, I would like to pass this Award to:
- Daily Magyar
- Confessions of the Linguistic Spy
- Language N+1
- Linguistic Endeavors
- The Mountains and the Sea
- Zooming Out on Learning
- Read. Know. Learn. Go.
- Cast Off, Set Sail
- The Compassionate Language Learner
Here is the list of questions my nominees must answer:
- As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? How has that changed, and how do you feel about the change?
- What character (literary, television, movie, etc.) do you identify with most, and why?
- If you could spend a day as a character that you feel is very different from you, who would you choose and why?
- What is the book you have read the most, and what draws you to it?
- What is your favorite word in any language?
- It’s a dark, raining morning. The kind where the alarm goes off but the lack of sunlight makes it feel like it can’t possibly be time to wake up. How do you motivate yourself to start the day?
- It’s a beautiful day, but you are busy working inside. What would you rather be doing?
- You have the opportunity to take an all-expenses-paid two-week trip to any location on the planet. Where do you go?
- What is something about you that people are often surprised to learn?
- What is your favorite guilty pleasure?
- I want to try something new. What do you suggest, and why do you think I’d like it?